Dehumidifier Buying Tips
- Dehumidifiers are rated according to their capacity - the number of pints of water removed during a 24-hour period.
- Units with 25, 40, 50, 60-pint capacities are available.
- If you are the type of do-it-yourselfer that likes precise measurements, get a humidity gauge to measure the relative humidity (percent of water vapor in the air in relation to the amount it can hold at a given temperature) in the house.
- Features to look for:
- Auto-off senses moisture level and turns the unit on and off accordingly and saves energy.
- Shutoff - shuts the unit off when the container is full.
- Signal light tells you the container is full.
- Hose attachment that connects to the tank will allow the unit to empty into a floor drain. Normally a section of regular garden hose works.
- Wheels provide mobility.